Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Getting the front straight and more metal work..

Went and bought a pull cylinder for the porta power this week. Also got some meassures from a nice fellow in the US, he had a straight 67 Fastback shell that he meassured on.

So when I had all the meassures I needed, I got started and straightened up the front. It didn't go as quick as it sounds though..


And when I had that straight I cut away the battery tray and made myself a new metal piece to fit in that area. Since the battery will be placed in the trunk i wont need the tray anymore.


Welded in the front clip too.


Also got myself time to start on the gaslid and its mounting.



Welded in the torque boxes too. Had to split them in half and weld them in piece by piece.


Also media blasted, painted and assembled the pedal support and door hinges. The door that is in place has also been fixed, replaced the bad door skin with a new one.


All this hasn't been done this week though, just haven't posted everything till now :P

No comments: